Among many health benefits, Honey is a naturally nourishing sweetener when eaten as a food, with several big beauty benefits when it is applied topically to the skin. Acne: Honey is naturally antibacterial, so it’s great for acne treatment and prevention. Aging: Full of antioxidants, it is great for slowing down aging. Use our Peppermint Face and Body Scrub on your face and body to remove old, dead skin cells. Try our Hand crafted Honey Coffee Scrub daily.
Five Reasons Honey is amazing for the skin:
1. Powerful Antimicrobial- the enzymatic release of hydrogen peroxide (H202) and presence of active compounds such as methlyglycol in manuka honey, give off bacteria-fighting capabilities. By putting a stop to the activity of irritating pathogens, raw honey helps to both quell existing inflammation and prevent future infections.
2. Organic Moisturizer- the sugars in honey act as natural humectants and emollients, that increase the water content and reduce dryness in the skin even after they have been washed off.
3. Regulates Skin pH- the slight acidity of honey creates a healthy environment on the skin that promotes tissue healing and regeneration.
4. Nutrient Density- although composed primary of fructose and glucose, honey also contains proteins, amino acids, vitamins, enzymes, minerals, probiotics and other components that it delivers to skin cells.
5. High Antioxidant Activity- powerful botanical compounds neutralize blemish- and wrinkle-causing free radicals on the skin surface and within deep tissues, before they cause damage.